There has never been a better time to become a Naturopathic Physician
Learn More About Becoming a Naturopathic Physician
Becoming a Naturopathic Physician
Download our introduction to naturopathic medicine to learn more about becoming a Naturopathic Physician and accomplishing your dream of becoming a doctor.
Benefits of Becoming a Naturopathic Physician:
- Medicine that addresses the root cause
- Individualize care for each patient
- Treat patients with natural medicine AND modern science
- Deeply impact patient health through prevention and lifestyle
- Opportunity to be your own boss
- Career opportunities allow you to change your career without additional education
- Excellent work life balance
- 84% of Naturopathic Doctors are satisfied or very satisfied with their career*
Naturopathic Medical School
- 4 year medical program accredited and recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- MCAT scores are accepted but not required**
- Federal student loans available
- Includes areas of study not covered in conventional medical school, such as clinical nutrition, homeopathic medicine and psychological counseling
- Receive training in the same biomedical and diagnostic sciences as conventional medical school
- Comprehensive and well-rounded medical education
- Education with a unique philosophy grounded in the six principles of naturopathic medicine
- Talented faculty and research opportunities including NIH funded studies
The Fundamental Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- The Healing Power of Nature: Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes: Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First, Do No Harm: Utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher: Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person: View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention: Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.
Complete the form below to receive brochures and course materials directly from the AANMC-member schools of your choice. You’ll also be contacted personally by admissions representatives from your schools of inquiry. These individuals will help you through the process of evaluating the schools and determining which one is the best fit for you.
*AANMC conducted 2015 Graduate Success and Compensation Study
**MCAT scores are accepted and may be reviewed by school admissions. Check with each school you are considering in order to ensure that all prerequisite requirements are met.