Defeating Depression: A Holistic Approach
Join the AANMC and Dr. Christina Bjorndal for an informative webinar covering her personal and professional experience working with depression. Dr. Chris has created a unique approach to working with patients struggling with mental health. This framework not only addresses the physical side of health, but emphasizes the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of healing.
Dr. Bjorndal will cover:
– Supporting the neurotransmitter and neuroendocrine systems with diet, nutritional supplementation and herbal medicine
– The 10 step framework for maintaining balanced mental health in patients with depression
– Supporting emotional health and understanding their connection to overall wellness
– Practical tools NDs use, including mindfulness, self-compassion and cognitive behavioral therapy
– How NDs observe the emotions hidden behind patient stories
*Webinar does not qualify for CE
To view the archive of past webinar recordings, please click here.
About the Presenter
Dr. Christina Bjorndal is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders. Having overcome her own mental health challenges, Dr. Chris is a gifted speaker and writer who loves to share her philosophy of wellness in interviews with icons like Jenny McCarthy and many more. Dr. Chris has helped many patients achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. She has authoredthree books on mental health as well as a 10-week course and in-person retreat on mental health. Dr. Bjorndal is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.