September Director’s Update

AANMC had a very productive August!

While still taking time for summer breaks, we made sure to work on advancing excellence in naturopathic medical education.

  • Greater visibility of the AANMC:
  • Ability to attend Washington DC area events that otherwise might not have been cost-effective or time sensitive for participation.
  • Washington, DC attracts a diversity of health care and leadership conferences that we can now have a presence at.
  • Being a part of the larger local educational community has already resulted in three invitations to colleges in the area to begin networking and promotion of naturopathic medical education.
  • Ability to more readily promote and advocate for the U.S. AANMC legislative agenda.
  • More accessibility to create relationships with key thought and industry leaders.
  • An easier plane ride most places!

AANMC hosted several face-to-face meetings; our Council of Chief Academic and Clinical Officers (CCACO) met, as well as the AANMC Board, and we hosted lunch for a new schools actively exploring starting a naturopathic medical program in the Mid-Atlantic region. AANMC also held a prospective student event where interested pre-ND students got the chance to attend the annual American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) conference and then a day of questions and answers with admissions professionals, and tour of the Sonoran University campus.

If you missed this event please click here to see a list of upcoming AANMC events. The fall will be a busy time of year for prospective student events – hope to see you!

AANMC was recently invited to attend a forum hosted at the National Academies of Science by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in Washington, DC on community health research and wellness. During the morning presentation, it was acknowledged that 20% of our health is addressed by the health care system – leaving 80% influenced by our environments, communities and behaviors. It is vital that naturopathic medicine become part of the dialog and a greater part of the 80% as well as the 20% solution.

We will continue our work to increase awareness of naturopathic medical education in governmental agencies, educational institutions and the health care community.

Lastly, the AANMC Board held elections for officers. Please extend a welcome and congratulations to AANMC Board President Dr. Jane Guiltinan (Bastyr), Vice-president/Secretary – Dr. Fraser Smith (NUHS) and Treasurer – Dr. Melanie Henriksen (NCNM).

In Gratitude,

Dr. Jo Executive Director Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges


Learn More About Becoming a Naturopathic Doctor

Receive information from the accredited schools of your choice located across North America!

Comments are closed.
Join the Naturopathic Community!

Never miss our latest news, resources, and event invites. Perfect for future students, current students, and professionals in the naturopathic field.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Upcoming Events

June 2024
July 2024
August 2024
September 2024
No event found!