Stephanie Seitz, ND, MT(ASCP)
Women’s Health Specialist and Graduate, Sonoran University of Health Sciences
“What I have found to help personally and in practice is cleaning up the diet, taking the right prenatal supplements, acupuncture, and exercise. I recommend the following:
- Change to a whole foods diet (increase protein, healthy fats, fruits, and veggies) and eliminate fried foods and sugary foods and drinks
- Increase water consumption
- Take the right supplements (prenatals, probiotics, fish oil, vitamin D) that can support the body while a woman is trying to conceive, during pregnancy, and postpartum
- Try acupuncture to help with stress reduction, which can be a reason why a woman is not conceiving. Acupuncture can also help with menstrual issues such as ovulation irregularity, menstrual pain, and PMS.
- A healthy weight can be beneficial for improving fertility but also can help during pregnancy and labor.”