The Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) was established in 2001 to advance the naturopathic medical profession by actively supporting the academic efforts of accredited and recognized schools of naturopathic medicine….and we just turned 20!
The AANMC supports member schools and colleges in an effort to…
- Aid in the development, growth and preservation of the naturopathic medical profession.
- Improve the quality of education, operations, research and patient care at member schools.
- Enhance each school’s visibility.
- Foster collaboration between AANMC-member schools and compatible organizations.
- Engage in other activities that accomplish these shared goals.
Here are some of the milestones accomplished by AANMC’s collective efforts to advance naturopathic medical education.
2001 – AANMC formed
- Aligned US and Canadian schools with professional organization
- Played pivotal role in re-recognition of the CNME
- Established AANMC as the point of entry for students into the profession
2009 – Naturopathic Doctor Central Application Service Created
2014 – Published the Clinical Competencies for a Graduating Naturopathic Student
2014 – Launched the first all-school AANMC Virtual Fair
2015 – Published the Graduate Success and Compensation Survey
2015 – Convened the first all-school in-person retreat
2017 – Launched the Centralized Residency Match, taking over responsibilities from NPGA
2018 – Created the Centralized Residency Application
2019 – Revised the Clinical Competencies for a Graduating Naturopathic Student
2020 – Published the Graduate Success and Compensation Survey – 2nd Edition
2020 – Assisted members in navigating the COVID-19 pandemic
2021 – Launched the all-school faculty forum
AANMC has hosted approximately 200 webinars and participated in countless events across North America. None of this would be possible without the tireless efforts of our volunteers, committee members and staff. We look forward to what the next 20 years have to offer.
Hear from a few AANMC- event attendees:
“I had visited the AANMC office because it is near my own office. I was just curious to visit the association that played such a pivotal role in my journey to becoming an ND.” – Dr. Savage – ND Alumni
“I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the way that you represent naturopathic medicine at this pivotal moment for the profession. We face exceptional scrutiny in the time of COVID, but with leaders like you, I trust that we will find our way to better days.” – Brian C. – current ND student
Learn More About Becoming a Naturopathic Doctor
Receive information from the accredited schools of your choice located across North America!