In the spirit of National Patient Safety Week, the AANMC Committee of Chief Medical Officers for our academic medical centers met to discuss best practices in infection control, and student and staff safety in light of a robust flu season. Our students and patients should be aware that our clinics follow public health guidelines for prevention against flu and are tracking developments with the novel COVID-19 virus (otherwise known as the Coronavirus) closely. If you are feeling unwell, please call the clinic before coming in to understand the best course of action for your care.
- Avoiding close contact with those who are sick
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water
- Strengthening your immune system – see an ND if you need help with this
- Avoiding large crowds when possible
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly (this includes doorknobs, your phone and other technology)
- Staying home if you are sick
- Avoiding touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue (and not with your hand)
- Seeking out immunizations when indicated
For additional tips to stay healthy this flu season, please click here
. If you want to explore a deep healing relationship with a naturopathic physician, click here for a directory of NDs in the US
Learn More About Becoming a Naturopathic Doctor
Receive information from the accredited schools of your choice located across North America!